Are you following Scrum?
Changing the Scrum according to your organization, or using just a part of it at your convenience is not Scrum, its Scrumbut. The most commonly seen example of this is when a team member says-
“Yes, we use Scrum in our projects, BUT… “.
What is the difference between Scrum and Scrumbut?
Scrum is a Framework which provides iterative incremental approach in the software development. Scrum has got its own set of principles. Scrum is very easy to understand and at the same time it is practically very difficult to implement in a project.
If there are deviations from the process of Scrum, then it is Scrumbut.
Most of the teams are confident that they follow Scrum, but when they attend the certification training, they get to know the fact.
During the training session, our trainer asked a question-
Do you follow Scrum with all the meetings, roles, and time-boxed conditions I mentioned?
The answer was – “Yes we follow Scrum, But we don’t do Retrospective Meeting.”
But as Scrum say it all- “Inspect & Adapt”.
ITHands inspected their process and adapted scrum with all its benefits.
Benefits of Certification
- Scrum if not followed properly can result in a great failure. Certified Scrum teams understand the difference between Scrum and Scrumbut and thus resulting in successful implementation of scrum for the project
- We can easily type in Google and get to know all the information about Scrum and how it works. But does it tell us the practical implementation of Scrum? No, we need to go for training in order to understand its practical usage.
- Generally, it is seen that people understand scrum but fail to implement it. The main reason behind that is they modify it according to their organization and working environment, which might not be suitable for the successful completion of the project. Training provides them great knowledge on how to use it according to your organization & how to become a change agent for implementing it successfully within the organization.
- Another aspect is to understand the customer’s expectation accurately. Great improvements are seen in the area of Estimation & Commitments. As the team is trained to practically estimate the features using scrum.
- Scrum don’t prefer to use the word “Resource”, it prefers to use the word “Human Resource” with thoughts and ideas, unlike the old traditional methods, if you input instructions, you will get the quality code. Scrum makes proper use of HR, input the instructions, you will get better ideas, assistance, consultancy, quality code and better functionality.
- Last but not the least, the person who is investing for creating a great product gets a sense of satisfaction that they have given work to certified and trained hands which can result in successful completion of the project
Having the certified team encourage them to provide ideas, consultation, assistance leads to the customer satisfaction as well as growth of the team. Team members feel the sense of responsibility. They feel more committed and thus resulting in customer satisfaction and successful project completion.
Learn more how these trained & certified hands take care of the software development projects. Contact ITHands>>